TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Driving through the desert next week...questions on temps.
People Seeking Info

Subject Driving through the desert next week...questions on temps.

Posted by dialectic on June 08, 2015 at 8:32 PM
  This message has been viewed 368 times.

Message Hello Folks,

I'll be driving through at Death Valley next week. Temps are forecasted to be at about 110-112 degrees by 4-ish PM. Because the desert roads out there are virtually empty (and very well-paved), I hope to do some spirited driving for about 3 hours from DV's eastern end to the western edges of the national park. Will this overheat my well-maintained 90TT (Stage III++)? Humidity will be virtually nil (at approximately 6%) but as expected it will be hot.

The radiator is about four years old and in great condition. Fluids levels are good and at the correct level. Hoses are in good condition. Have ever only used synthetic oil and just changed the oil last week. Water Wetter has been added. I also have Stillen aftermarket ICs. I'll blast the heater to vent the engine bay and will be driving with my t-tops off so I'm not cooked.

It's a stunning environment and drive and I've always wanted to have my Z be part of an epic experience like this. The reason why I'm asking is because my ride is metallic black and that probably doesn't bode well for reflecting bright desert sunshine away from my ride.

Thanks for any tips coming this way.

Jack

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.